View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3348347)   #35
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. The first problem I have is that I can't use Bob's Track Builder but I know of someone who can so I've sent them a PM to see if they can help. What I can do is add detail to the Sketchup model, things like kerbs, barriers, access roads, the pit building, elevation, so that we can use it for visuals for a proposal.

The second problem I have is about the elevation. I think that the 5 you have shown is too many in terms of safety and cost. I don't know the budget of the track so I cant say if we can/cannot afford it but I think that from a safety point of view that the elevation your talking about is a risk I don't want to take. The results of getting it wrong can be severe. An example I know of is at the Slovakia Ring where there is a hill on a long straight that has seen cars go on to 2 wheels and one of them has flipped completely. Here's a video I have found of the hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFJ-ns8o1Q

Another question is how long the elevation is going to be on the track. It needs to be long enough to make the gradient flat enough to prevent the cars from taking off but I don't know how long that is. Is the elevation going to be long enough that it goes into the corners? I would only have 2 points of elevation and those would be the two furthest to the right. I'm not trying to scare you into not wanting this but what I'm saying is that this is something that we should think about carefully.