View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3293883)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Q&A with Thomas Holzer

1. What did you do after Le Mans? Did you go on holidays? If yes, where did you go?

After Le Mans, I went to Namibia on holidays for three weeks. Last week, I was driving a go-kart again. It was the first time after 14 years. Apart from that I am exercising a lot to be fit for the next races.

2. There will be 5 races on 3 different continents now. Do you have problems with the travelling and jet lag? What do you do to avoid jet lag?

Yes and no. A lot of people have problems with jet lag. Usually, I arrive in the country about one week before the race. So I have three to four days to acclimatise. Travelling on a plane is not a problem for me. I am lucky enough that I can sleep on the plane very well. I fasten my seat belt, close my eyes, open my eyes, unfasten my seat belt and I have arrived. It doesn’t matter how long the flight takes.

3. Which of the remaining races are you looking forward to the most?

Generally I am looking forward to every race. But this year it will be special to come to Austin. I heard it is a fantastic circuit. So Austin is the track I am looking forward to the most.

4. What is special about driving anti-clockwise like in Interlagos? Is it more difficult or do you prepare for it in a different way?

It is not really more difficult, but maybe a bit unfamiliar in the beginning. Interlagos is difficult because you don’t get a chance to rest. Even the start-finish-straight is a bend.

5. How do you keep fit for the races? Which sports do you do and like?

I do a lot of cycling and l went go-karting some days ago, which I really enjoyed. I am thinking about getting a go-kart because it is good to keep fit.

From Lotus-LMP2