View Single Post
Old 30 May 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2215645)   #15
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont see a mega issue with Mini Challenge cars being entered. It is unlikely they would have absolute front running pace so an outright victory is probably out of the question.

As mentioned before, they would be fighting for a class victory, and to do that, someone has to enter one in the race first. V8 Utes were eligible last year but no one decided to take part. Being in their own class means they cant take a class win off someone in a more "traditional" production based vehicle.

The promotors have been clever - one of their opening lines states its a race for "production based vehicles" - not specifically production cars.

The more variety we get in the race the better in my opinion. I'd rather see a field of 45 cars with some mini challenge things thrown in there then a 35 car field.

If you want an outright win, buy an EVO or a Bimmer or something in their league. If you want to take part in the 12 hour experience, then get yourself into a class car, there are plenty of classes to choose from afterall.

As for those making comments about letting Porsches and the like in - well that's what the $125k limit is for. Personally, I'd like to see some Porshes and more exotic cars in there, I think it would make the race far more attractive to spectators, however, I can see why this limit has been imposed, a race to attract more relevant vehicles rather then those that most can not afford to buy.