View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3791368)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Even though we know it is coming, I wonder how many fans will be caught off guard and unaware of the Halo device... along with their negative reactions.

At the same time I expect teams to downplay their visibility by using darker and matte colors. I also broadly assume that color and type of paint will be selected to minimize driver distraction.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read something weeks ago that the new exclusion zones may not totally eliminate the potential for T wings.

Richard
You're right. They are still possible, albeit totally different in location.
The 750mm gap between bodywork exclusions still exists, but they have made a side-on regulation to define another bodywork-excluded zone.

This still leaves the area in green and the white area between the wheel and red patch (within the 750mm gap) for possible T-bar use. (Image from Autosport)