View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3795111)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Im a little confused by this attitude of entitlement that it should be free to air, can someone explain it to me?
As an aside, I personally do feel a sense of entitlement, and I actually wrote to FOM, the FIA, FOCA and some individual teams about it, because some many years ago, Mr Ecclestone gave an undertaking that for as long as he was alive and in control of the commercial side of F1 that qualifying and the races would always be available LIVE on FTA.

He broke that undertaking when he permitted the BBC to relinquish it's broadcasting of about half of the races, and further compounded that when he struck the deal with SKY giving them sole rights to live races apart from the British GP.

I don't speak for others; they are free to come to their own conclusions as Mr E is still alive, and he was still in control when the deals were done!

P.S. Not one entity had the courtesy to respond to my polite letters to them. Probably because they don't care as long as they get the money, and because they are selfish, they think only about themselves, and only look to the short term - never the long view.