View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2958385)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks Robbe for the very informative post, that's cleared a few things up for me.

Bottas, i'm sure is still every bit as good as people thiought he was 3 years ago when he battled Ricciardo. His 2 years in F3ES weren't mega but he won races an crucially has that Masters double to his name even if it isn't what it once was.

For my mind though he would need to get cracking straight away if he does GP2, but it all depends on budget doesn't it so maybe FR is the better option for him.

I could easily see many of this years GP2 field staying on.

The big question marks for me will be hovering over Bianchi, Bird and people like that i.e. the really quick guys who've been in it for quite a while.

Mind you Maldonado was in it for 4 years so as long as you've got the dough i guess it doesn't matter as you can still end up in F1.

Bianchi beat Perez by nearly half a second in the F60 test the other day but that was with almost twice the number of laps. I guess Ferrari and Todt will still be interested in him.