View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3545528)   #3
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They surely drop out like every other ALMS/USCC prototype team has done since circa 2012 or something. No faith at all in seeing them. Also the Detroit date conflict with test makes it even more unlikely.

Anyway it's four extra garage spots for the grid which should help a bit in this overcrowded environment, albeit if the G56 (or is it G60 now?) actually shows up it's only 59 slots. Not that the likelihood is much better with that than with Shank...

LMP1 numbers depend on if
- The new to be announced project (Glickenhaus?) materializes, and how many cars is it
- Toyota stops fooling around and gives budget for third car
- Kolles doesn't give up
- Other privateer advancements, if any
But I think around 16x is probably safe bet, which is healthy.
Shank have a money man (Pew) that really wants to come to Le Mans, like Scuderia Corsa have in Sweedler this year.
Pew is the reason why Shank got an LMP2 in the first place.
I wouldn't really be surprised if both Shank and Sweedler appeared at Le Mans next year.

Normally I'd agree with you regarding American teams coming to Le Mans recently, but Shank is slightly different in that their main 'customer' wants to come.