View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3718387)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I have friend who works for mclaren in the road car department (in the mclaren technology centre) and he says he has spoken to the race team guys. What they say, is that Honda could of matched the Mercedes but they would always be trying to catch up, but apprently Honda have gone outside the box to be faster (not match Mercedes engine wise) and this is Gavin all sorts of teething problems.

This is hear say from a good friend, but I don't k know the truth behind the story.
I think there have been a few quotes from Honda personnel that effectively say the same. They have gone a new way vs. development of the prior engine and say it's a risky path, but with more hopes of challenging Mercedes. Here is an example...

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/138342-...mercedes-level

I applaud the approach. Question is... Did they bite off more than they can chew? Was it a poorly run project?

Richard