View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3792032)   #97
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
If there is no rain for the 24 race itself. I think we could be in a for a run with few safety car periods. No LMPC cars certainly helps. It seemed that those machines would stall easily. Where as DPI, GTLM, and GTD. If a car spins or gets in trouble they can get back to the pits. With that and the intense pace that the leaders will set, there could be a decent attrition rate in prototype and GTD especially. We got a 50 car grid to start and it could finish with under 34 cars maybe just due to mechanical attrition.

Everybody praises the reliability of the cars now which is true, but lets test them when they don't get a break from having safety cars every hour.
Interesting point about attrition increasing with fewer cautions. I'm not so sure we will see fewer cautions. I think we will continue to see a lot of cautions due to the pro drivers in Protos and GTLM taking a lot of chances to stay ahead (or with) the competition. There are so many competitive entries in protos that they will be fighting hard to get around lapped traffic and there are bound to be some coming togethers.