Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2014
View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2014, 03:43 (Ref:3436498)   #2129
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Actually, having re-watched the video, I think that the #2 was probably on some form of intermediate tires--be it the slick or treaded intermediates, I don't know. I'm basing this on the car having pitted before the rainstorm, so it could've had some form of intermediate tires on.

But judging by the car's handling/grip issues for the chicane and how it only found any real grip on the hard shoulder, and by the intensity of the rain, even full on wets might have been barely adequate at speed.

No matter the tire tread patterns, the #2 Audi sorta got lucky there, considering the huge accident that happened just a few hundred yards behind while it was trying to avoid spinning out and the carnage that already happened at the first chicane. Who ever was in the car (I'm thinking that the time of that happening it was Andre or Ben), they could hardly keep it straight on the straightaway.