View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2015, 10:51 (Ref:3593213)   #26
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Of course

Silverstone I can't stand the current circuit; after years of standing by the track pressed up to the fence between Abbey and Bridge, to go there and not be able to do that just makes me wish I hadn't bothered. I went in 2012 and 2013, to the WEC and BES, but not been since (focused on more rallying/N24/Spa 24).

I caught bits of the race this year, but the track was still lacking. It's similar to MotoGP in that regard, where there's good racing but I struggle to have enthusiasm for a lot of the circuits when it feels like they've forgotten to add the scenery.

I would have liked to watch the Nurburgring round, and hope I get to next year. Was away on holiday this year though. I have enjoyed Interlagos in previous years too, great circuit and I hope, but doubt very much, it returns.

Shanghai and COTA I feel the same as 'new' Silverstone about, I could not motivate myself to watch six hours from there. I fear Mexico City will join this list but I'll give it a chance.

Bahrain I quite like the circuit, but after the 2011/2012 government suppression and the FIA continuing as usual and pretending nothing happened, I have no interest in supporting their propaganda machine (yes, I know the same can be said about China and all sorts of other arguments, but that's how I feel about it - I don't judge anyone for watching it, just a personal 'protest').

The WEC don't help themselves with this ridiculous paywall that doesn't even include archiving content.

To be honest, I don't care about the championship, just a few races. They could have had me caring about the championship, but then we'll get into the whole Sebring/PLM/ILMC debate again.