View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3593227)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Of course

Silverstone I can't stand the current circuit; after years of standing by the track pressed up to the fence between Abbey and Bridge, to go there and not be able to do that just makes me wish I hadn't bothered. I went in 2012 and 2013, to the WEC and BES, but not been since (focused on more rallying/N24/Spa 24).

I caught bits of the race this year, but the track was still lacking. It's similar to MotoGP in that regard, where there's good racing but I struggle to have enthusiasm for a lot of the circuits when it feels like they've forgotten to add the scenery.

I would have liked to watch the Nurburgring round, and hope I get to next year. Was away on holiday this year though. I have enjoyed Interlagos in previous years too, great circuit and I hope, but doubt very much, it returns.

Shanghai and COTA I feel the same as 'new' Silverstone about, I could not motivate myself to watch six hours from there. I fear Mexico City will join this list but I'll give it a chance.

Bahrain I quite like the circuit, but after the 2011/2012 government suppression and the FIA continuing as usual and pretending nothing happened, I have no interest in supporting their propaganda machine (yes, I know the same can be said about China and all sorts of other arguments, but that's how I feel about it - I don't judge anyone for watching it, just a personal 'protest').

The WEC don't help themselves with this ridiculous paywall that doesn't even include archiving content.

To be honest, I don't care about the championship, just a few races. They could have had me caring about the championship, but then we'll get into the whole Sebring/PLM/ILMC debate again.
Can't argue with any of that! Whilst I will still watch the Tilke circuits, you're not wrong in your opinions here.

Mexico City is fine except the mess of the stadium section. It's not as nice as the old Mexico City but I expected worse. What does annoy me is the old final corner is still there, and used during NASCAR Mexico meetings. So it can be run. They just chose to run the awful stadium. I'd even settle for a bloody chicane on the back straight before the final corner to get rid of the stadium.