View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3593228)   #29
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Can't argue with any of that! Whilst I will still watch the Tilke circuits, you're not wrong in your opinions here.

Mexico City is fine except the mess of the stadium section. It's not as nice as the old Mexico City but I expected worse. What does annoy me is the old final corner is still there, and used during NASCAR Mexico meetings. So it can be run. They just chose to run the awful stadium. I'd even settle for a bloody chicane on the back straight before the final corner to get rid of the stadium.
It is there, but it hasn't been used for the fastest cars around that track since Champ Car was there for the last time, they were the first to run through the stadium. And the simple reason why it can't be used is - no run-off, and exactly zero possibility of creating more run-off there. There is a retaining wall behind the fencing/barrier around the Peraltada, and beyond that retaining wall is a major public road.