Thread: What cameras?
View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2003, 06:59 (Ref:525297)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Canon Eos 50e. 2 EF Canon lenses, 35-105 USM (came bundled) and 75-300 MM. Both f/4-5.6. Not very pleased of both of them, especially the 300 zoom; it rotates and changes length while focusing making impossible the use of a polarizer.
Red, that's something I've always hated with the Pentax which does that as well. Very annoying. That's one reason why I'm quite impressed with Sigma lenses at the moment.
I've also found the Pentax far, far too sensitive on focussing, it's near impossible to do manual focus because you only need to touch the lens and you're altering the focus - grrr.

Jason, I used to have an X300S - nice camera, I always liked it and was very sad when it was broken and I had to change to the Pentax. I'd never claim to be an expert, but I'm not aware of a digital that will take Minolta fit lens. I'm sure someone can correct me, but I've only come across Canon, Sigma, Nikon and Fuji (nikon fit) digital SLRs. To those who are using digital SLRs, how are you getting on, any unexpected problems? A friend who's a pro photographer was saying that he's got a problem with the ammount of dirt getting into his Nikon and it seems Nikon note it as a problem, but the only way round it is to send the camera to Nikon whenever you want to change a lens. Erm, have I missed something here - send a camera away to the manufacturer whenever you want to change a lens!

I know what you mean about weight as well, I've just got rid of a 350mm mirror lens which was a very good lens, but had very little use because of the weight in it.