View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3702425)   #61
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
2018 is really the first opportunity, and by that point they will have more than one car.
By 2018 they Should have more than one car ... we shall see. if they get a new car or two in 2018, they Should freeze the regs for a couple more seasons, but how often does FIA-ACO do what it should?

I could see them implementing new regs for P1-L starting in 2019 which obsolete the old cars after a season ... seems like their speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
DPi is a brilliant class. For IMSA. I don't think it meshes well with how the ACO has setup their classes.
I agree here completely ... but that is where dollars and lobbying pressure makes strangers into bedfellows.

I'd expect (if a class including DPi were included) that there wouold have to be a cost-cap on manufacturer involvement. After all, I am sure AER sent engineers to ByKolles and Rebellion's pits at every race ... and all Cadillac and Mazda are really doing is supplying engines (as AER did) and a little bodywork ... not ongoing research and development.

By making the ACO-DPi class homologated, they would hold costs down and minimize manufacturer involvement as well.