Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2017, 23:43 (Ref:3782090)   #797
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
and isn't every publicised story on the internet 'click bait'? - Or do the media outlets not want people to visit their pages?
In my opinion, absolutely not and people know the difference. Having an appropriate and catchy headline is productive to pull viewers in, but there clearly is a category that goes beyond. Headlines such as "Man runs into childhood sweetheart, what happens next is stunning!" is a modern example.

To use a food analogy... All candy is food, but not all food is candy. Same goes for headlines (food) and clickbait (candy).

Motorsports sites are not immune to "clickbait" types of headlines. Especially when it comes to reporting rumors.

Richard