View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2004, 09:37 (Ref:1179819)   #16
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always thought that a street circuit in Newcastle has been an impossible dream since it was knocked on the head some 10 years ago by council.

In my opinion the easiest place to set it up would be around the ISC precinct.

Start Finish and pits in ISC carpark and Hockey centre. Block only half of turton road (allows traffic) head south, temp grandstands along the hockey centre. left onto half of Lambton road. little complex section down perth road (behind maccas and lexus) more stands and pit area for support on district park. back out ont lamton road.

Left at the Tennis centre down Curley road left at Denny and quick right down australia road and another quick left into broadmeadow road. Wave to my nan and then left down griffiths road again only blocking half before a sweeping left (any time with care) back onto turton road.

The punters can keep happy with a go at go karts go and maybe a stadium cross in the ISC at night. it is the "sports" district of newcastle with plenty of open space and room for grandtsands without stopping traffic.

Now if I only had 9 Mill for track setup and another few for appearance money we could be in business..........