View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2276711)   #9
Adrian B
Rookie

Adrian B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakspeed65
The info I know so far, (Short Version) ZAK-E23/75 was built by Zakspeed in 75 to contest the DRM, Gp2 championship. The 76 season the car ran in Europa Mobel (White/Blue) livery, 2nd with Klaus Ludwig.
Zakspeed converted this car to Gp5 specs for the 77 season, it was in Mampe livery (Black). Stayed this way until Kassel-Calden 05/77 when it was used as a 3rd car for arrive and drive, by then the space frame Gp5 cars were built.
Was shipped to South Africa and then on to Macau in 78, was sold to Harper Motor Group in Kowloon (Ford Dealer) and was raced all over Asia, mostly Macau and Malaysia with great success.
Leif Norberg, living in KL owned the car from 89 to 91-92? Electrolux livery, carried out some restoration work and raced the car with very good sucess with both BDG and BDM. I believe smaller engine for Class 2 in East Asian Touring Car Championship.
I discovered the car in late 99 while working in Singapore/Malaysia, purchaced the car and sent it home to NZ.
Restoration started in 03.

Car is very close to completion but is now in storage as I am working in Moscow for 3 years.

Cheers,

Gary.
Hi Gary,
I think I saw this car racing in 1995/6 at either Shah Alam or Johor Bahru in Malaysia in a club event. It was in a fairly bad state and I think it had a rotary in it??? I seem to remember Harvey Yap(?) had something to do with car. He was clerk of course at Johor in the 90's. A friend of mine has been looking for the car in the last few years. I will put him out of his misery. Glad it is being restored, hope to see it on the track soon. Cheers.