View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3691441)   #64
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Shame for Jenson's last race to go that way, very unfortunate.

Good to see some good manners going on on the podium, but it all felt a little awkward to me.

No respect lost for Mr Hamilton. He had the race win in the bag - when it's that close and still feasible you can't blame him for doing what he can to try to save his championship as well. And if racing has to be about going as fast as possible then shouldn't Rosberg have been more aggressive and trying to pass, if he was held up so much? They're all doing what they can to get the best possible result for themselves. Plus if Lewis had sped off into the distance with Nico a second or two behind him there'd have been even less 'racing' at the end than there was.

It's nice to see a different champion though, I suppose.

It's not just a case of "motor racing is about going fast". Winning a championship is about getting more points than the rest. That's was Lewis was trying to do, but in the end Eric did it.