Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3753314)   #114
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
As discussed earlier, there are 8000 petrol stations in the UK and 12,000 chargers. So if there are 8 petrol stations in your town, there is on average 12 chargers. Many are not in obvious places. They aren't as noticeable a large petrol station

Of course there are a lot more petrol nozzles than chargers though!
You make many good points in your lengthy inputs.....however this isn't one of them

Not only are there a lot more nozzles than chargers, even if the chargers were the high-powered 50Kwh ones Mike quoted, a recharge takes about 30 mins, according to Mike, whereas putting 300 miles worth of petrol/diesel into a car takes maybe 3 minutes.....So you'd need up to 10 times more chargers than nozzles if we reached equivalency in electric v fossil-fuelled, surely - although I accept that a proportion of owners can recharge at home, though I suspect the cost of installing a 3-phase set-up like Mike's isn't insubstantial.

Several people have commented that they have Leafs ( Leaves? ) on PCP deals. I was talking to a Zoe owner a while ago who had bought his second-hand (at a very good price for him, but horrendous depreciation from new), and he was paying IIRC about £80/month as battery rental - which he felt was good as he'd had to have a replacement battery pack under the scheme. I don't know if this arrangement is the norm?