View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2018, 13:40 (Ref:3814652)   #493
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To say, "This isn't an isolated case, it's simply the reality of 2018 – ovals and IndyCar just aren't compatible business partners anymore." is way off the mark. There's only been one oval race so far in 2018 and therefore too early make such a claim. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the oval races pan out this year, considering the IR-15 now has the UAK.

Last year was a mixed bag. Phoenix and Gateway were dull. However, Iowa was ok and Pocono was an excellent race. Texas was like an old IRL pack race and then turned into a series of 30 lap sprint races because the surface was degrading the tyres. As for Indy, what I watched was great.

I think one of the problems is holding some of these races on Saturday night. I think most people would rather be doing something else than go to a track and watch a car race on a Saturday night, or stay home and watch it on TV. Maybe one night race and really big it up but leave it at that.