Thread: Sebring
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3720324)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I guess being young helps me, I was able to lap the circuit a few times from Wednesday to Saturday. No idea how many steps I did in total but I certainly felt it after each day. Sunday was tough for me until the evening rolled around, I'm not great in the heat so it was a long day until then!

I quite enjoyed watching at the hairpin- such a simple corner but great to watch the cars hard on the brakes then powerslide on exit. Good in the races too, not a lot of passing but when it does happen it quite often ends up with some wheel-banging.

Had a lap round the track shortly before the 12 hours, got to say it's a testament to virtual race simulators (thinking of iRacing.com) at how accurate they model the tracks- every bump I felt in person were exactly where I expected them to be thanks to the simulator.
Good for you! Getting around the track and "getting around the track". The overnight drive just saps the energy out of me every time. Think Wednesday day trip is in order next time. Just hard to take a day off to "travel" these days.

And the heat? Sorry, I know you're British. That was the coolest Sebrings I've ever been to and Thursday night perhaps the coldest I've ever camped in at a race. The sun is draining and it drained me. Struggling today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
As for the spectator experience- wow, for a major event that's the best I've ever experienced. No traffic, parking was easy as anything (and you're not miles from the car), even on race day it surprised me how easy it all was. Some great viewing points around the circuit and little in the way of catchfencing to disrupt the view. I got some great footage.
It's a neat and unique place. We kept commenting on how "sparse" the crowd was in comparison to past trips, but there are certainly some neat vantage points, with one of my favorites being the hairpin. If you can get the spot on the "point of the bump", you can see them braking right after the bridge. Most of the "action" happens there too.