View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3694276)   #160
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
We seem to be ignoring, consistently, the fact that Alonso is contracted to McLaren for 2017, and there is no hard evidence he has a get-out clause.
true, probably more fueled by wishful thinking but there is some (scant) evidence it is at least being discussed based on comments made by Wolff himself suggesting that they are looking at Alonso (although the cost of doing so is probably prohibitive).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38219533

but then again maybe they are talking about a contract for 2018 which could then imply that whomever Merc sign for 2017 will just be there for one year.