View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3756873)   #20
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What nonsense. The LDM vehicle with a seasoned driver placed only 0.1 sec from the 3rd slowest car in qualifying (Mr Moffat in the fancied brand new and shiny Wilson Security GRM Commodore) and only 1.1 seconds from pole position. A tiny gap to the rest.

Clearly the engine and car preparation is more than acceptable, and well within 105%. It does not suggest a vehicle from "Planet Mork", running some 100hp down on the competition with clapped out shock absorbers... nothing of the sort. It suggests a well prepared vehicle with comparable power to the competition, competent vehicle setup and properly valved shock absorbers prepared with care.
Well based on some comments I have seen here before, how old a chassis is doesn't matter, it does to a degree, but comments here are knocking LDM for having a go. Reality is the haters haven't got a thing against LDM, they aren't dangerous on track, which is the golden rule and they are adding money to V8s, it isn't as bad as we may all say it is if they can skin a car and then get it out after a crash. To a degree, chassis mileage can work against the car as it will get 'stiffer' but the main part of it is
1. Driver talent
2. A good engineer
3. R&D on the car
4. Sponsorship (which for LDM has picked up a massive amount for LDM #62 this year)

I have seen the comments too here having a go at others earlier in the year and LDM turmoil saying where was Triple 8 in 2003, well they just need to remember that. If the team isn't dangerous then it has a right to be there. The only team that didn't warrant being on the grid that I can think of was TKR and that was due to a dangerous car as their drivers said. No one from LDM has said its dangerous, just slow and they don't want to be slow. But I do agree with your comment in regards to their good day pace