View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3765265)   #474
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Interlagos uses the prospect of a WEC race, which should be markedly cheaper, as some sort of (small) leverage with the new F1 management.

If they'd want any Argentinian track to build new garages anyway, that opens things up. Along with Buenos Aires, both Potrero de los Funes and Rosendo Hernandez should be at least as close to having Grade 2 run-offs and such.

I'm no advocate for rovals, but I wouldn't totally dismiss them out of hand. About the biggest problem I see generally with those tracks, aside from the limitation of being within an oval, is the pit exit dumping cars right out into traffic. I only really recall the Corvette having that blow-out at Texas in 2001, so I'm not sure about the others; I'm watching those ALMS races now. Old IMSA also made use of Atlanta, Phoenix, Pocono, and Talladega, while Can-Am ran the 3.0-mile variants of Michigan and Texas World Speedway.

In the old WSC of course, Daytona was used a number of times. Also, well, how would you guys classify the combined circuit at Monza?

I wouldn't particularly recommend it for the WEC now though.

Last edited by Purist; 7 Sep 2017 at 21:57.