View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3766993)   #178
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not doubting March spends an awful lot on doing all of this. In regards to recruitment, a hell of a lot of their staff are temps, for obvious reasons, the events are big, you do not need full time staff for them.

And a lot of the jobs you see on their site are on there every year or 2 years, so it must be a tough place to work as they advertise the same jobs routinely it seems. Probably stressful? Not sure.

If you live far away, as I do, it is not doable as an event I am afraid. It is hundreds of pounds for a weekend if you include staying away, and probably a hundred pounds at least to visit and spectate if you include, entry, fuel etc. That might be fine for most of you, but not for me, that's too pricey, so I am priced out really.

That is my point mainly.

I will add, their team do a great job, the events they put on are different to other race meetings, offer something more and that recipe has yet to be replicated.

So, I can see why people do it. If I lived more locally I would probably do more, other than the Members meeting that is preposterously pricey.

But, it's a choice after all. And after being a customer initially, I am now priced out of it. That is why I make the point.