View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3704627)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That's ok Nick, you are in good company here . This thread is used
is used pretty much as a NASCAR whipping post more than
anything - so whip away.

Today on the Nascar Sirius/XM channel, one of the journalists
who has covered the sanction called in and did the research on how
many times the points rules have changed since the beginning.
That number was 14 times. He concluded that the sport has continually
evolved with rules along with the technology even way before
the internet, twitter, etc.

What amazes me is : what other major racing sanction in the world
(other than club) brings in drivers and officers of racing teams to be a part of
the solution? They need to be credited for that if nothing else.

Nascar has been apart of my racing appetite since 1975, and personally ,
I find it interesting all the different strategies of survival they come up with.
CAM, as always, I respect your dedication and steadfastness to the sport, but I don't see where they've really listened to anyone but the voices in Brian France's head. The sport died with Dale, the last person willing to call them out and have them listen. I just didn't realize it until the last 5 years.

14 times the rules / points system has changed.? Most of those must have been in the last 14 years and they keep making it more wrong.

I hope you can still find some interest in it. I just can't for the life of me determine why'd I want to even try to understand the formula that was concocted above, let alone have DW, Larry Mac and MRN explain it to me every 5 laps of a broadcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I will refrain from typing an utter diatribe on what I just witnessed at 6:00 PM on January 23rd, 2017. However, I will say this from the bottom of my heart as a former nascar fan.

Back when I discovered nascar back in 2000 and subsequently started following it obsessively in 2001, I thought it was the most tremendous and exciting thing since *insert cliche analogy here*____. I had a favorite driver, I was within the locale of a nearby track on the calendar (Loudon), I loved the simple and easy to follow nature of it all; a season long battle of the top stock car drivers in North America leading up to the final race at Homestead to determine a champion.

After watching the first ten minutes of that press conference on TV...all that came to mind was; My god, what on earth has happened to this series?
I didn't think they could make it worse. Congrats for them going above and beyond.

They've lost it. They've really completely lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They're back in all their delightfully tacky yet unrefined manner. Two races in 2017 and associate sponsor in 2018, that needs to be the Darlington 90s car next year in all its original glory, the new scheme is too dayglo. Even if it was the car that beat his dad to the 92 title.
Good stuff. Even though the "eyes" are "offensive" to some, I've always thought the Hooters Livery is great and Hooters food is awful.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 24 Jan 2017 at 02:29.