View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3697307)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With your own eyes you have seen the gradual decline of Race Retro. I certainly have. Huge early on, a shoe in every year. Now a fading event, same stands, same people turning up, same cars in the rally stage etc etc.

Market research would give you that fact. Plus location and the fact there was an interest and that has declined. Plus obviously London is surrounded by wealth, the normal market for the majority of classic car owners and enthusiasts.

But, maybe the reason RR has gone downhill is because it is a tired format, entry prices go up a little most years, content goes down. They haven't moved it on. Can you move it on?

Is that the trend for classic motorsport? Are there so many companies wanting to push wares that you can split a cottage industry in two on the same weekend?

To me it smacks of "we are better than you" more than any level of market research. And is honestly one of the dumbest and most selfish things I have ever seen.

It's like holding the Silverstone Classic the same weekend as Goodwood. Cretinous.