View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3688473)   #24
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Pedantry. In professionalism & presentation the Nationals is one step above club racing, with a mishmash of categories racing in front of the pit crews (of which I have regularly been one), someone's brother in law and a goat.

I have no doubt that not paying to be on the TV card with VASC is probably a good move for AGT fiscally - after all we know who is paying the bills there, but I personally wouldn't be crowing about leaving supports for VASC and going racing with the Nationals.

I think the point of AUS GT going to the Nationals is that it'll be a big fish in a small pond instead of a small fish in a big pond.

The independence of running alone and in the Nationals means it can build its own name as an important series, not a support for VASC

To that point, I don't think it matters if the Nationals are generally lower level. The AUS GT will provide the series with a genuine legitimate set of races, and the rest of the Nationals will be fun fillers that will make for a nice varied day of racing.

It's better for AUS GT than trying to shine hidden behind VASC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk