View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3236019)   #983
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
Exactly. Audi have been rumored to be going IndyCar racing about half a bazillion times. Audi has shown zero inclination to do anything other than sportscar racing as it has been very effective for them.

Next up, the annual VW rumor, then the rumors that begin when any automobile company reports a profit. I am breathlessly awaiting the news that Tata Motors is considering entry...

What possible advantage would there be to Audi to go to IndyCar? Grand Am I can see...
I can't see it happening as Audi's customers are not into that irl scene at all and there is no real benefit for Audi.

I got some insight a few years ago into VW/Audi's methodology in regards to motorsports programs. They look at everything and do their math and in my opinion are one of the more thorough in their approach to motor racing and what they get out of it than many other manufacturers. Good Luck irl.