View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1929403)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stolen - Aston Martin DB4 / DB4GT

I recently received the following message from our member, Robert Bailey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bailey
Hi John, a very good friend, about a month ago, lost via theft his DB4 GT replica. To view it, it was a perfect example, with 12 plug head, 2 x disties and shortend. So where could I place notice in the forum?
From the latest issue of AM News, I can add that Rob's friend is a member of the AMOC and that the car was stolen in Melbourne. The colour is in AM racing green, has chassis number DB4/180R and engine number 370975. Any Aston DB4 is valuable and this one having been uprated with that special head etc is no exception. Although there has been plenty of publicity both locally and internationally in the classic car movement and a car like this might be difficult to move on, the fear is that it could be broken up for its valuable parts, particularly that twin plug cylinder head. Anyone hearing of unusual transactions involving such items should contact the AMOC.