View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2000, 12:51 (Ref:30430)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The real deal with NASCAR is that he can make more money in it right now than in CART. That is the reason behind it.

As far as nobody caring what Ganassi or any other driver in any other series has accomplished, that's a load of **** as well. In the context of what they do in NASCAR, there is no comparison to what CART or any other series does. But, don't think for a second that there is not mutual respect for each other among the drivers and team owners.

As far as the Cal Wells deal goes, Tide was leaving Rudd's operation before it was ever announced that Wells was forming a new team. Rudd was not going to run his team for the next year. Both sides of this equation have admitted this. The McDonald's deal with Bill Elliot was a direct correlation on performance. They were looking to run a cheaper operation than Elliots, even though it would not win. I can't say what Cal Wells may or may not have said in pits because I was not there, but he has always seemed a humble guy in the interviews I have seen.

The only reason I can see for any NASCAR fan or NASCAR personality to ever complain about Ganassi or Wells or any one else getting in to their series is that it will eventually raise the performance bar. That will separate the men from the boys and someone will lose out. There is a bunch of track circulators in NASCAR that may be looking at elimination by better financed new operations.