View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4193059)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
...and totally ignores that it is likely that many will travel from far away, possibly flying in.
presumably why they are building it right next to their airport then!

and i suspect near a bunch of hotel airports...i dont know the city of Madrid at all, but how close or far away is their airport from the major tourist attractions that one would think F1 will be visiting while in town?

not necessarily a climate related question but surely this factors into what the overall environmental footprint of a race.

while i dont really agree with Teretonga's conclusions, i do have to agree with the notion that the worst ecological effect of motor racing isnt necessarily the fuel they are using or the travel that they do but rather the accumulated carbon footprint of us fans ourselves?

while i do enjoy trying to get to a race in person every few years or so, mainly im at home with the main feed on my TV, tablet open to a live timing screen, laptop on for the additional in car feeds, and a phone scrolling through the socials...4 screens for one person!

and while i can say im probably in the small minority like this that doesn't excuse the sheer level of consumption involved. mentioned this in another thread, but im really glad i cant follow as closely as i used to!