View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3784764)   #62
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'd expect the racing at Watkins Glen to be better as well.

Sorry, but Tilke's changes don't help Mexico City in that regard. Turn 1 seems like the only realy viable overtaking point; I just hope the Indy Cars have enough tpower so that they don't simply stall out on the straight, making the slipstream basically ineffective. The esses have been ruined compared to what you may remember from ChampCar back in 2007. Turns 1-3 and 4-5 are single-file now, and like the Festival Curves at Portland, I'm kind of expecting for the party to be over for someone on the opening lap.

As for aesthetics, basically every long-lasting street circuit has that to some extent. Monaco, Pau, Macau, Trois Rivieres, and Long Beach are still around. Caesar's Palace, downtown Detroit, Dallas, the Meadowlands, Phoenix, etc aren't around anymore. Also, for some reason, people are generally more excited by Potrero de los Funes than even Algarve, which is pretty darn good for a "modern", permanent road course.