View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3592814)   #15
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No need to cry BOP surely? Wouldn't it just happen automatically? I'd keep it as it is, BOP makes it competitive in the dry and trounce everyone when it rains

This is why I don't 'get' the Ford GT. All that effort will just be removed by BOP. Am I missing something about GTE? (Genuine question)
In one way you are right. BOP is just a fact of life within GTE. So you don't have to have a 100% optimal solution. Bring a car and BOP it in the direction it needs (up or down). You could in fact even do as you suggest which is have an advantage in one area (better rear traction) and then BOP takes care of the rest.

What i think is right about something such as the Ford GT or the Ferrari 488, is that you start from a more ideal solution and then BOP balances overall performance, but hopefully part of that allows you to make the rest of the car overall easier to manage (be it easier to drive, easier to setup, less stress on the hardware, or whatever). In effect, it's maybe easier to slow a car down than to speed it up.

If we have to live with BOP (and we seems like we do), I would rather manufactures start with the best they can deliver (within reason and cost) and then BOP ensures (sadly) that it is a "good show".

Richard