View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2731607)   #161
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl123 View Post
bad rules...really... "fait divers" to justify doing nothing... traction control already happens to an extent with electronic controllable differentials...
As I said earlier, traction control is allowed, as long as the system only operates on the engine (so not on brakes, etc).

The LMP rules don't allow "electronic controllable differentials" (see rule 9.3.1). This is not F1.
Quote:
ABS actually many pilots don't like them because they tend to lengthen brake distances, tires have so much grip that is preferable to leave a mark in the tarmac...
Yet BMW fitted the M3 with ABS for the Nurburgring 24 hours.
Quote:
If its possible during the brake before a corner/curve, but no during a corner/curve, is it when the driving wheel turns it gets the recovery system shut off ?? ... or how are they going to impose this ?? ... what about when a driver quick changes lane, because of retards and has to brake ?? ... what else ??
Why would this be difficult to impose? They can enforce the no ABS rule.
Quote:
To me it seems that they should abolish hybrids, because if recovery is not allowed during braking for corner/curves, it eliminates the most single more efficient way of energy recuperation.
You are jumping to conclusions. The rules are not yet published, only the main ideas are. Obviously energy recovery will be allowed during braking, as long as it does not act as driver aid.
Quote:
2) Only store electric and mechanical( leaves out the most efficient of all - hydraulic)... so they don't want hydraulic, transporting to our streets hydro-mechanical IVT transmissions and ~20% fuel saving in day by day
The 2011 rules are a starting point. The 2014/2015 rules will probably allow for a free transmission. So CVT might come in the future.
Quote:
After considering all this, i wouldn't be surprised if Audi R18 has no hybrid system at all, but has 4WD... hybrid is marketing only... pure marketose... with this rules.
You completely lost me. The only way to achieve 4WD will be to use a hybrid system Like Porsche does with the hybrid 911.