View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1514526)   #64
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I was in a minority of one before reading this thread. I have also decided to stop my membership this year.

Before I say why, I must say I have lots of friends amongst the Brands BRSCC regulars and have always been treated well there, except for one run in with a previous circuit management.

I have never had any problems marshalling at any other circuits either, whoever is running the meeting.

So why have I decided to cease membership.

First I feel the Club has lost it's way.
The grass roots members are trying to enjoy their sport and do the right job right, but the leadership seems more intend on club kudos and image in the media.
Yes, it is good to be able to say we run exotic meetings, but the bulk of the members are amatures who want to race or marshal for fun, not financial reward.

Second, I don't need the club to marshal, either at Brands or at any other BRSCC run meeting at other circuits. The fee gives me absolutely nothing in return.

One reason I will stay a member of BMMC is the insurance they provide, which is I believe even better than the MSA insurance you become entitled to at sign on.

So I will continue to marshal at Brands with my friends, and continue tio marshal elsewhere with my friends, and have an extra £30 to pay for some diesel to get me there.