Thread: List 1a tyres
View Single Post
Old 27 May 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1619997)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How interesting about the Stunners, I've fitted them on my road car and have to say they seemed good, didn't realise they were a demon tyre for speed events. Tnx for info

FWIW I've first hand knowledge of 1a control tyres. I well remember racing on slicks when you could buy your grid position with new tyres. Saw it happen many times, couldn't afford to do it myself, so always at the back. Now I'm racing on 1a control tyre, tyre performance is constant throughout the life of the tyre which is well in excess of a season, and my races consist of 30 minute runs around proper circuits. It's the same for everyone, no-one buys an advantage, great for us on a budget.

>>>>>So when a tyre company decided that a tyre that had been in 1A for years had to come out I had to buy new tyres

Like we have to buy new helmets, new belts. Damned petrol keeps getting used too. How often do you have to change 1b tyres? I knocked out 032Rs for a pastime on my Turbo. It happens. We get over it.

Last edited by midgetman; 27 May 2006 at 08:24.