View Single Post
Old 7 May 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3731802)   #95
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The sportscar project was a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a big fan engagement extravaganza. But they all but disappeared.

David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good.
Regarding the sportscar project, while it was started a few years ago, the main Brabham website is being actively updated (news items from recent as roughly a month ago), still lists "Project Brabham", and the indiegogo is up and accepting money. So while nothing became of it with respect to output, it is still actively trying to sucker people out of their money... sorry, I mean ask for donations.

However, I actually like the idea this is someone else (cough cough Ecclestone) who wants to resurrect the Brabham name (given his history). If it is Ecclestone, I would be shocked if the Brabham family was involved outside of a cash payment and some VIP passes so they can be seen in the garage. Time will tell if they want money, or are serious about creating a team with the name themselves. What may be unfortunate is that maybe there is zero truth to this F1 rumor and then you have people like me rolling their eyes at the entire thing given the recent history of Project Brabham.

Richard