View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3228011)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've got an s3 and to be honest it's a lot more fun than either of my folks alpinas (and the m3 they had too). the 4wd thing - albeit a haldex selective system on the s3 - is surprisingly useful. i find the grip is just outrageous, i've done some incredible speeds on slip roads without noticing and it has definitely saved me from needing to get winter tyres this year. it has the 'got your back' feeling of a proper serious car without the 'and now i'm going to try and kill you' hot hatch lunatic thing.

don't get me wrong, seriously silly rwd cars are great but once you get the hang of the different beans application for fwd/4wd i just find it more satisfying.

then again like you say it's personal choice - i don't like feeling the edge of control and any form of disobedience unless it's in a very controlled situation. for me, bang for buck is a silly engine, a silly car, but as a road car, one that you can drive sensibly and comfortably but do silly speeds very quickly in banal situations like roundabouts, and overtaking situations.

plus i prefer the interior in the audis, the modern beemers feel a bit cheap once you take the fancy telly out of the equation. there isn't a better contrast between sporty and uberfunctional than audi out there, imo.