View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4093750)   #14
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speed is the big mess, Watching the Chilibowl nationals we have seen a few cars cart wheel and tumble, some in the fence, one actual hung up in the fence, and these are very quick Midgets, but i don't think they hit triple digit speeds at all.

ovals have trouble and always have, making the safety capsule for the drive is #1 make sure they can survive what ever, then maybe moving the spectators further up from the wall. (like AYDS mentioned above, lower track or higher walls- move spectators away)
Monster trucks have a "death zone" that is where several trucks have lost it or tires and crushed people. this area is a no fans in the seat area.

other things about catch fences may be looked at, they are essentially sticks holding a mesh between them, and of course they couldn't be repaired if they were attached together with arches, above or below,

and bumperettes dont work so well work, the DW12 had them in 2012-2017 and we saw cars climb over each other all the same. or more importantly they didn't prevent what they were introduced for

with the crazy open wheel schedule for WoO and sprint cars, they crash a lot,
and those shorter ovals don't have the same safety so what might be the difference