View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2082130)   #27
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It’s not secret that Bobby wants Graham to race for him and it may well happen in 08

The result of the Sharp court case will either be that he decides to continue with RLR or RLR get the money from Patron that is in the contract and RLR run the #8 along with the #17 for Hunter-Reay

G Rahal would be the most obvious selection although nothing is anywhere near being settled yet with Sharp situation right now

Scott mentions that he was disappointed with the level of competitiveness from his car in 07 but I don’t really see where he could go to improve that

AGR aren’t likely to expand again, Ganassi has already expanded to three and Penske is a closed book

Panther is also a closed book so that leaves Vision, Foyt and DRR who will be more than happy to have Patron’s money but then that goes against what Sharp said because I don’t see any of those options being better than RLR.

My view is that Sharp is only going one place and that is too the American Le Mans Series

Too lose Sharp would be a major blow because beyond his driving days many saw him as a natural for team ownership in the long term

The realism is though that this probably isn’t gonna happen anymore although I hope I am wrong