View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3750268)   #24
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It strikes me as a bit funny that some are surprised whenever a F1 driver makes a good start; they should always make good starts, provided that there are no mechanical gremlins.

However, I wonder whether the powers that be will ever return to the old system of grid formation, when the cars started on alternate rows, three abreast and two abreast. Yes it means that the cars are more tightly bunched at the first few corners, but at least it would almost eliminate the speed differential between the cars at the front of the grid and those at the rear. The way it is now, I would guess that the cars at the back would probably be in a higher gear by the time that they get to the braking zone. And this is why there are comings together so often at the starts of the races; each row of cars is reaching a higher velocity than the preceding row of cars.