View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2020, 01:20 (Ref:4016083)   #2546
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Chilli, and thank you Richard your compassion, and I am sorry to hear about the harm you have suffered, it is just awful when the health of one’s family suffers when medical treatments go wrong.

The point that I was trying to make was that the distributors of Convenia know that the product causes real harm; as you pointed out Richard, the trial covered only 300 cats and more significantly was cut short after two weeks which neatly avoids discovering the damage the drug does as the symptoms only become evident more than two weeks after the dosage is administered; the point of the website reference was to show that the company knows the real harm that the drug is causing, yet persists in supplying it. This is unethical in my opinion.

The Covid19 pandemic has seen Governments around the world backed into a place that is unsustainable and needs a solution, they have identified a Covid vaccine as a priority, or escape and are funding the research, and the trials and tests are being “expedited” or short cutted through the normal channels.
Governments have additionally guaranteed that the whole population will be vaccinated and signed non liability agreements ensuring that the pharmaceutical companies cannot be pursued for adverse reactions that people in the population may suffer.

The financial incentives for producing a solution and implementing a vaccination program are clearly huge and the liability is zero as it is underwritten by the public sector, hardly a recipe for best practice.

Interesting article here for those interested:

No-Fault Compensation for Vaccine Injury — The Other Side of Equitable Access to Covid-19 Vaccines

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2030600

“But large, up-front financial commitments to manufacturers are only half the solution when it comes to ensuring that companies will be willing to participate in the COVAX mechanism for vaccine distribution. Equally important is offering companies protection against potentially substantial liability should Covid-19 vaccines cause real or perceived injuries to recipients. Manufacturers won’t agree to procurement contracts or ship vaccine without liability protection.”

Separate question: If the research being conducted into Covid is in the public good and financed by the public, why is it not open sourced?

Anybody seen: The Constant Gardener?

At this point, I apologize for derailing the thread, and will not comment further on this.