View Single Post
Old 7 May 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3070701)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Well, that is not entirely true. What about the semi-automatic gearbox in the 1989 Ferrari? Yes, I know that Lotus actually developed long before Ferrari, but still. I know as well, it did have a lot of problems in the car, but it is now de facto in F1.

You can also look at the E-Diff in Schumi's Ferrari.

Ferrari are still a top 3 team. It is not like they are suffering the same way Williams are(despite their recent upturn in performance for this season). They still have top technical people there. Plus, probably the best driver in F1(and I'm not talking about Massa ). Sure their season start hasn't been as strong as they could have started with, but I would still say that considering the car they are better placed than they should be. They do seem to be able to develop the car over the season well(much like McLaren do).
That's all true. The point is that Ferrari isn't the same as TGF's era. Brawn and Todt left and Domenicali & Co. never got the same level again. Even with the best driver of F1 , things were never quite the same. It might be a dream to every driver to drive for this team, but the truth is that if they can't have a winning car, it's not worth. I'm just waiting to see how much more the love affair between Teflonso and Ferrari will last...