View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4190257)   #25
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT3 is not a good idea and DTM is an example of that. Yes, DTM survived thanks to that and it's still enjoyable (for me at least) but GT3 as a concept is not very well suited for professional racing. Supercars' strength also lies in cars being really unique, there's no other championship in the world that races such cars. DTM's example also shows that a struggle begins when it comes to rivalry with other championships (like ADAC GT Masters and even GTWC). If Supercars adopted GT3 rules, there'd instantly be some sort of competition with Australian GT + many people would say it's no longer Supercars, just "another GT3 championship." Honestly, there's not a single reason why Supercars would adopt GT3. Yes, I know, would be nice to have more manufacturers in Supercars but think we have to accept it's unlikely to ever happen. So I still prefer having two models on the grid in Supercars than watch many different GT3 cars.