View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3686254)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't want to reply to this thread based upon the initial post because it was no different than what you had posted in multiple other threads. But I feel this thread is going in a positive direction. And I also want to apologize if my prior comment elsewhere were overly snarky.

My impression is that because of your young age I would think that you have a pretty short involvement in motorsports. Given that Audi has been flying high for a good stretch of that time, it appears that is a huge part of your motorsports experience and it has been mostly all positive. I am a bit over 50 and was young enough to catch the tail end of the Group C/IMSA era (have watched them in person at Mid-Ohio) and the good years of Indycars. Both of which are now considered to be golden eras, but also gone. So maybe with age you can see that you have to enjoy the good times while they last and not be caught by surprise when the bad happens. I attended the COTA WEC race last year purely because I felt it may not last and I wanted to see it in person and not regret missing it later. Even with the ups and downs, I am still optimistic about the future of prototype racing.

I also don't put all of my motorsport interests into a single basket. I am a fan of more than a single marque (Honda and Porsche) and am a fan of more than a single F1 team (Williams and McLaren). I always seem to have someone to cheer for (and complain about ) in a series somewhere. I also am a big fan of the technology side of motorsports. So I can dive into that and enjoy that aspect across all teams in the series I watch. As I mentioned in another post, I also enjoy more than just pro series racing. I help out with some friends who do LeMon and Chumpcar racing. I also enjoy spectating SCCA, NASA and historic races at a VIR (somewhat local to me). Others have mentioned the same thing. Grassroots motorsports is always a breath of fresh air when you need it. I also have interests outside of motorsports.

Personally, I hope you stay here and find someone else to cheer for. You seem quite passionate, so don't give up on it. Create some diversity in your interests and your life.

Richard