View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2017, 01:08 (Ref:3745398)   #173
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
There was a situation at Road Atlanta with a corner worker that could have been a lot worse than it was ...
I had to dig into that one a bit, this is from http://gotransam.com/news/Tomy-s-Day...Atlanta/66643:

Quote:
With less than 12 laps remaining in round three of the TransAm Series Presented by Pirelli, running in 5th position, Tomy Drissi’s No.8 Ave prepared Corvette took a hit in the rear shoving Tomy off track.. With his car in the gravel and off to the side, Tomy’s day at the legendary Road Atlanta track was over.

“I especially want to thank the corner and safety workers between turns 6 and 7,” noted Tomy. “Those guys were all over me the minute I came to a stop. They got me out of there in no time… but it was obvious we were out of time. Anyway, I really appreciate those guys and all the safety crews for their hard work. We couldn’t do what we do if they weren’t out there looking after us.”
I can only guess Tommy wasn't as grateful to the workers right after his car got beached in the gravel, any of the RA die-hards saw or heard anything about this? (this was back in May)