View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2279807)   #36
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Personally I think the whole "green fad" is going away.
Don't think so. I won't get into a(nother) global warming debate here, but I guess that at any race event with a somewhat decent crowd, the spectators' journeys to the track produce several times more CO2 than the actual racing. So in the end there's no big difference between a race run on conventional fuel and one run on ethanol, or a professional football game or a rock concert, for that matter.
Of course manufacturers and other powers that be might push for a greener image for racing, but at least to me that doesn't amount to a moral obligation to Green Racing.
I have absolutely no problem with going green, but not if the sport on track is the victim. If it can be done without unreasonable additional costs I'm all for it.

Quote:
If it is an issue though, E85 ethanol works just fine.
Agreed. Especially with Pratt&Millers knowledge of "Green Racing" from the Corvette-programm, running the cars on E85 should be a piece of cake.

Maybe we should try to get away from the question of the morality of V8s and get back to the issue at hand - namely the possibility of a Danish V8 Silhouette-series and the possible move away from S2000.
I can easily see this truning into another of those terrible global warming discussions, and I'd rather not go through that again.
The question what implications this will have on the Danish and European racing scene is interesting enough!

Last edited by Speed-King; 1 Sep 2008 at 23:09.