View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2000, 13:27 (Ref:53312)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Prost had offered Singaporean Christian Murchison, the good bloke who got 2nd in Formula Holden, a drive in his F3000 team next season, and the chance to groom him for a drive in F1 comes 2001 or 2002, if he could produce S$3.5m of sponsorship frm singapore companies.

He started talks with the young 20 yr old since Sepang this year, invited him for F3000 tests and was impressed with his results. However, due to shortage of cash in F1 and F3000, he request the young driver to produce just S$3.5m.
Singapore Airlines and Singtel were rumoured to be the prefered bid, and Prost agreed to fly to Singapore "within 24hrs" should he be notified of any interested parties, offering sponsor space not only on his F3000 car, but also next season's F1 car.

Well...Good news for a fellow Singaporean i would say...i always believed that Christian is a nice guy and a quick aggresive and smooth driver, not to dissimilar to Jenson Button in their style. And if Prost also feels that way, Christian must have some qualities. I'm pretty sure he'd get the drive next year, as its a good deal for Singapore companies to break into the multimillion advertising world of F1!

Ceeya in 2001 Christian...and GOOD LUCK!

(information taken from THE STRAITS TIMES)